Mittwoch, 29. August 2012

Exitmusic - Passage (2012)


Tracklist:
1. Passage
2. The Night
3. The City
4. White Noise
5. Storms
6. The Wanting
7. Stars
8. The Modern Age
9. The Cold
10. Sparks of Light

Thanks to glorious Spotify I'm discovering a whole bunch of fantastic music recently. Especially in combination with the Last.fm-App and its recommendations I'm listening to a shitload of new stuff. Exitmusic was one of the discoveries I made through using Spotify. And damn, what an immense discovery that is. Aleksa tends to have the most emotional voice I have ever heard in that style of music. This is pure bliss. Words cannot describe how much her vocals touch my innermost feelings. I just love it. The mood on Exitmusic's debut reaches from melancholic eeriness to some parts, where the light seems to break through an almost irrevocably overcast sky. Meh, I'm degressing here. 'Passage', 'The Night', 'White Noise' and 'The Modern Age' are my favorite songs on this almost perfect release. The only criticism I can offer is that the other tracks aren't as catchy and lack the vibe of the aforementioned.

USA, 2012
Dreampop, Shoegaze

4.5/5.0

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...