Montag, 5. Dezember 2011

Barn Owl - Lost in the Glare (2011)


Tracklist:
1. Pale Star
2. Turiya
3. Devotion I
4. The Darkest Night Since 1683
5. Temple of the Winds
6. Midnight Tide
7. Light Echoes
8. Devotion II

I must admit that I've actually never heard of Barn Owl until a good friend of mine (Drakemirow) pointed out that they have released a new album. You must know that the whole genre of drone is a rather difficult one for me because there are many, many bands that I virtually don't like but at the same time I came across the most breathtaking and tripping music I've ever listened to. Barn Owl is one of these artists that literally take me to other places when I'm losing myself in their sounds. I can't figure out what exactly arouses these feelings. It has to be the sheer otherworldly composition and the almost perfect dynamics of dreamy interludes with folkish influences. Well, if there is anything left to say... this album is a masterpiece.

USA, 2011
Drone, Ambient, Psychedelic

4.75/5.0

1 Kommentar:

  1. Barn Owl has been a notable band for the past few years in terms of delivering soothing drones and trippy rhythm but this might be their best effort so far with an outstanding atmosphere reaching from Earth to Six Organs of Admittance and creating an immense journey when listening.
    Everyone who discovered Barn Owl this year should definitely check out their various side projects (Elm, Higuma, Evan Caminiti, Gärden Söund, Hanging Thief). It almost seems that everything they touch is pure gold right now.

    AntwortenLöschen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...