Montag, 6. Januar 2014

Ben Lukas Boysen - Gravity (2013)


Tracklist:
1. Only in the Dark
2. Nocturne 1
3. To the Hills
4. You'll Miss Us One Day
5. Gravity
6. Eos
7. Nocturne 2
8. The Behinian Gospel

I came across the new release of Ben Lukas Boysen via Rise From the Ashes a few days past. I must admit that I never even heard of him before, although I really like (dark) ambient and other slowpaced electronic music. So I was relatively unbiased as I listened to it for the first time, apart from being keen to do so because of the very atmospheric cover art. And I must say that 'Gravity' completely enthralled me from the very beginning to the very end.

The record varies different styles of soothing and relaxing soundscapes like pure piano tracks ("You'll Miss Us One Day", "Eos") and more synth-layered, electronic-focused songs that mostly contain some piano parts too. It's difficult to describe 'Gravity' track by track because it's a coherent aural journey that unfolds its beauty in its entirety.

Recommended If You Like: Eluvium, Hammock, Helios, Ulrich Schnauss

Germany, 2013
Modern Classical, Ambient

4.5/5.0

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...